Friday, March 30, 2012

Principal Six found at the Well in Sychar

Hello and thank you for coming back. Today's message is a little shorter than the other two. I thought I might try to stetch it out a bit. But as I spent time with the Lord, I realized, simply that I shouldn't.

Anyway, As I reread John chapter 4 I kept going back to verse 19: "The woman said to Him, Sir, I see and understand that You are a Prophet." (Amplified).

As this drunken sinful and loose woman from a drunken town would not be driven from the well, spoke with Jesus, she began to get a glimmer of the light of Whom it was that she spoke with.

I think I kept going back to this verse because I had heard it said that this statement was the woman's attempt to draw Jesus away from her sin.

That maybe so, except she had already confessed to Jesus. Agreed with His assessment of her life.

Now she seems to have that growing desire in her heart to worship, as Jesus said, "...you samaritans worship what you do not know." John 4:22

And, how could she, how could we not, desire to worship, to truly worship, when IN His revealed presence? Even when we just don't know, just don't understand...

You know Jesus didn't stop there. He also said to this thirsty woman, "...a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth.

So let me ask you, when was the last time you sat down with the Father, allowed Him to pour His Word over Your life,

                                      Reveal your sin,

Then as you come into agreement with His assessment of your life,

and with joy umexpressable in any other way, simply Worship Him?

So I will end with principal #6 for removing the shackles from your life.

Worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. Worship Him on your knees or upon your face. Worship Him as if He is your God.
                                      That is who He is.

God Bless you my Sister's in Christ. I covet your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment