Wednesday, June 29, 2016

I think I am back!

My last post was in 2012, 4 years ago now. Wow! Nelia texted me tonight and asked if I was still blogging. (Hang my head in shame) Well my sign on still works, so I guess that was a hint for me to start blogging again. Perhaps this time it will stick.

A lot has happened since 2012, I returned home to help with my mom, she has since gone home to heaven. Miss her still. It was a  year ago June 19th. Before she passed I was diagnosed with cancer. Yeah that's what I said, diagnosed with cancer, me! Can you believe it. Me either. Double mastectomy on August 17th, 2014. Yes I have had the reconstruction. So, I am home now. I live on my sister's property in the house she built for my mom. She has been so good to me. It is amazing.She's amazing.

Before I left for Mexico, the Lord had given me a Psalm to memorize (yeah can you imagine me memorizing anything). It is Psalms 116. It is a beautiful psalm, but it is verse 7 that holds me.
It says;  "Be at rest once more oh my soul, for the Lord has been good to you." I am not sure what version this is . Most versions including NIV and NASB say "Return to your rest..."

Anyway, however you want to say it, I am reminded how much He loves me, how good he has been to me. Yes, I can rest in that. God Bless and later taters.


No comments:

Post a Comment