Friday, July 1, 2016

Morning Bible Study...Running Scared?

I have been studying in the books of Daniel and Revelation this year. I recently began looking at Revelation in earnest.

As Pastor Jon Courson likes to say: Revelations  in not a hard book to… find. But he also says that it is not a hard be to understand. Well so far I agree with him.

Yet, one of the first thing I noticed when I started reading this book totally took me by surprise. I have read Rev. 1:1 many times. I just never saw it until now.

"The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him…" NIV

So do you see it? Perhaps you have seen it before and already dealt with it.

The revelation which God gave Him? Why, Jesus is God. What could He not know. What, why must God (presumably the Father) need to give Him what He surely already  has?

Do you here my panic? LOL

Sometimes when we already know something and it is presented in a little different light we can get thrown off, become a little confused.

That’s what happened to me, for a minute. You know when you run into things in the bible that you don't understand, or even things that might scare you, take a deep breath. Step back and remember God is still God and He's got this what ever your this maybe.

After all of these years I don't know exactly why the Lord brought it to my attention now. But, since He did I imagine He wants me to look at it.

The first thing to do when you run into one of these sticky situations is to
  1. Take that deep breath.
  2. Step back.
  3. Kneel down
  4. Pray.

And that my friend is exactly what I did. God has given me, us, His Holy Spirit. He is our Friend and Comfort. One of His jobs is to teach me, remind me of all of those things Jesus said.

It's funny how it works but, as I prayed scriptures began to come to mind.

Philippians 2:3-8 "…Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped , but made Himself nothing,…"

Then Hebrews 5:8 "Although He was a Son He learned obedience from what He suffered…"

And Matthew 24:36 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

Then taking those words the Lord so aptly gave me, I looked up the scriptures and began to study in earnest. Only something really neat happened. I found myself really studying not just for studyings sake, or even to show my self approved, but I began to study to get to know my Lord better, to become on more intimate terms with Him. Needless to say, He responded. He always wants to talk with His children.

So what did I learn about God revealing things to Jesus? It is really quite simple. You see When God decided way back before time that He would come into this world to save me and you, He knew even then that it would be necessary for Him to do this as a man. Never losing His deity, he came and limited Himself. Somewhat like a father who may find himself wrestling on the floor with his young son. They are wrestling, putting moves on each other, but dad, well dad is holding back. So when God manifested Himself as that little bitty baby born in a manager, He limited Himself to the same limitations you and I have. Even being so limited He lived a sinless life and was able to give His life for my ransom, your ransom.

Being so limited, once He returned to the right hand of the Father, all those things He had limited, denied Him self, He through the Father restored/revealed them to the Son.

And there you have it in a nut shell.


Never panic when it comes to Gods Word. He wants to bless you through it. Every bit of it. Good night and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment